The Official Website of Burgess Hill Town Football Club - Members of the Bostik League Premier Division

  • Tuesday 27th September 2016
  • Bostik Premier League
1 Bognor Regis Town



The Hillians travelled to Bognor unbeaten in their last seven games. Ian Chapman made two changes to Saturdays line up -with Max Huxter making his debut in goal and Pat Harding replacing Dan Thompson, who was unwell.

The Hillians took the lead after a minute when a Leon Redwood free kick found Lee Harding who guided his header into the top corner of the net. The home side came close to equalising but Ollie Pearce’s shot was blocked by Cheick Toure inside the box. A Pat Harding shot from outside the box was deflected into the arms of the out of position keeper and another Redwood cross from the left was gathered by the keeper but Hillians were looking the better side, with the home team struggling to string passes together.

Jack Brivio and Redwood were given yellow cards in the first half hour and the former made a good run into the Rocks’ half but saw his shot saved by the keeper. Tyrell Richardson-Brown sped down the left before shooting wide of the goal when he had beaten everyone with his pace on 34 minutes and the same player latched onto a rather bizarre backwards free kick by Pearce but his shot was deflected wide. Tyrell was causing the home defence problems with his pace and Hillians went in at half time the better team.

Curtis Gayler replaced the booked Brivio at for the second half and a Richardson-Brown’s shot struck El-Abd before running through to the keeper. On 56 minutes the referee awarded a penalty to the Rocks when Taylor was judged to have tripped Wild. James Crane stepped up and blasted straight at Huxter who saved well with his legs. Richardson-Brown was replaced by Chris Smith on 65 minutes and both sides had chances without extending either keeper. Ex Hillian James Fraser was fouled on the edge of the Hillian’s box in a dangerous position. A curling shot went through a ‘gap’ in the Hillian’s wall and into the bottom right corner. 

Smith had a good chance to score the winner in the closing minutes of the game when his low shot at goal beat everyone but was cleared off the line. A last minute free kick was taken by Redwood but his shot was saved again by the keeper and the final whistle blew.

Another point gained on the road by Ian Chapman’s team who remain unbeaten in September. They now look forward to a home tie in the Emirates FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round at home to Cadbury Heath FC, 3pm KO.