Burgess Hill Town FC (“we”, “our”, “us”) takes your privacy very seriously.
- Information we may collect from you
We may ask you to provide information to us or collect data from you on different occasions, such as when you:
- e-mail enquiries, contributions or your views to us
• enter competitions
• propose to join BHTFC as a player, coach, physio or volunteer, or register to receive or download any information, newsletters or other documentation
• purchase tickets, goods or services from us
The information that you are asked to provide (which may include name, address, e-mail address, phone numbers, date of birth, gender) will vary depending on the reason for the collection. In some instances, for example, if you are registering as a player with BHTFC, or purchase goods or services from us, the provision of certain information will be mandatory. We may also ask, for example, for relevant health information, which is classed as special category personal data, but which will be with your explicit consent or the consent of a parent/guardian.
Please note that if you choose to provide any articles for publication on the Site or in matchday programmes or similar you may disclose personal information about yourself to other participants. If you do so this is at your own risk.
A participant may give us their personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, in person, via our website or otherwise. This will typically be provided by BHTFC inputting participant details into the Football Association or Isthmian League registers or the Whole Game System. Other participants, such as referees, may input their own data into the Whole Game System
We shall use your personal information:
- to respond to your enquiry
• to acknowledge any contribution that you may make
• to administer the relevant competition
• to send information to you
• to fulfil any contract that we may enter into with you
• for research purposes
• to send marketing information to you in accordance with the provisions set out below
• for other reasonable purposes for which you have provided such information
To process your information we most commonly rely on the following legal bases:
Performance of a Contract
Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you, for example:
- Processing affiliations
• Administering competitions
• Sending out FA information and updates
• Sharing data with County FA’s the Isthmian (Bostik) League and The FA
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, for example:
- To ensure good and proper governance and administration
• To provide details of a variety of training courses
• To improve and promote our products and services
Where we have your consent to do so, for example:
- Process any medical history or other ‘special categories’ of personal data
• For certain direct marketing communications
You are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you become a customer of ours by purchasing goods or services from us we may send you further information that is related to your purchase, by post or e-mail, or contact you by telephone.
In addition, selected third parties (including other commercial partners) would like to send you marketing information, by post, e-mail, or SMS. We shall only allow them to do this if you have indicated that you are happy to receive such information (either when you submit your details to us or at a later stage).
If you do not wish to receive any of the above information or be contacted by us in accordance with the above, please update your preferences online (where this facility is available) or alternatively write to the Data Protection Officer at the address below.
If you submit your views to us via our contact form we shall circulate them internally for training and management purposes. We may also publish your views on this Site, any other website operated by us or our subsidiaries or in other media. If you do not want us to do this, please let us know when you submit your views.
We may aggregate the information you send to us with other data (so that you cannot be identified from that data) and use that aggregated data for administrative purposes and/or share it with other people.
We shall share your information with our affiliates and third party service providers if this is necessary or reasonably required for any of the purposes above. Such third party service providers are not entitled to use your information for their own purposes.
We may also share your information with third parties for marketing purposes (in accordance with the paragraph entitled “How Burgess Hill Town FC uses personal data” above) if you have indicated that you are happy to receive such information. Some of these third parties may be located outside of the United Kingdom, including in countries where data protection laws might not exist or be of a lower standard than the EU.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. However, the nature of the Internet is such that the data may in some circumstances flow over networks without full security measures and could be accessible to unauthorised persons.
We keep personal data on our participants, members and other website users while they are signed up with Burgess Hill Town FC or any of our website services. We shall delete this data twelve months after an individual has ended their membership or affiliation, or sooner if specifically requested and we are able to do so. We may need to retain some personal data for longer for legal or regulatory purposes. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
When you visit the Site, we may collect, process and use information about you which may not personally identify you but which may be helpful for improving the operation of the Site. Such information may be collected through “traffic data” and may entail the use of “cookies”, “IP Addresses” or other numeric codes used to identify your computer. You can delete cookies or configure your computer to reject them, although this may disable the Site’s ability to manage individual sessions.
All data subjects have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
• Request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you
• Request erasure of your personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it
• Object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing, or where we are processing on the grounds of a legitimate interest if that interest is overridden by your rights and freedoms
• Request restriction of processing of your personal data:
– while we establish the data’s accuracy, or verify an overriding interest to object to processing
– where our use of the data has been unlawful but you do not want us to erase it
– where you need us to hold the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data
• Complain at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk)