First Team
Isthmian League South East Division Sat 6 April Badgers Sports Ground
Cray Valley PM
Burgess Hill Town

Burgess Hill Town suffered a heavy defeat on the road as league leaders Cray Valley PM continued their impressive march towards the title hitting the Hillians for 5.

Reggie Ward and Tahjae Anderson came in for the injured Martyn Box and Dan Perry whilst assistant boss Lewis Taylor came in for Conrad Honore.

A trend of recent games continued as the Hill conceded early with the hosts taking the lead after 5 minutes. On the Millers first attack, they whip a ball in from the left and it just hits Adam Coombes and rolls into the bottom corner.

The lead was doubled 6 minutes later as Lyle Della-Verde whips a free kick in from the right, it misses everyone and nestles into the bottom corner.

On 20 minutes the hosts were awarded a penalty for handball but the spot kick was smashed wide.

Jay Beckford did his upmost to get us back in the game. He wins a free kick and then takes it quickly, he clips it to the far post and Lewis Taylor volleys wide.

But the Millers added a third soon after as they race down the right, the ball is squared and tapped home by Coombes.

3 minutes before half time Coombes completed his hat-trick as he nodded in off the post from a cross out on the left to complete a miserable first half for the Hill.

The Millers continued where they left off as they started the second half brightly. Kyrell Lisbie waltzed his way into the box and his goalbound shot is blocked.

Minutes later it was the Hillians turn for a chance as Beckford tees up Reece Hallard and his 20 yard rasper is very well saved by Max Ovenden.

Fin Holter made a good save from a free kick with 20 minutes remaining but the hosts added their fifth and final goal of the game. Hill almost score, don’t, they break and the goal is given to Lisbie although a Hill man got the final touch.

Holter made a great save to deny a sixth late on as the Hillians endured a tough afternoon at the league leaders.