It’s been a busy week off the pitch at the club. Here is our progress to date:
1) Identified and repaired eleven leaks/burst pipes.
2) Isolated electricity to the damaged cellar.
3) Repaired and re plastered the men’s toilet ceiling.
4) Deep clean of kitchen/bar areas for smoke damage.
5) Painted the kitchen and top bar ceiling.
6) Removed damaged flooring in the corridor to home dressing room.
There was some work done by contractors to remove the overhanging branches from the trees behind the main stand. Unfortunately, in the process they damaged the fences, leaving it down to our incredible volunteers to repair!… thankfully we haven’t got a lot ‘going on’ at the moment! 🥲
Anyway, we can now start on a temporary solution for the beer cellar, so we can provide draught beer again. We will do a final clean of the clubhouse and other areas affected by burst pipes, as well as more work on the electrics to ensure it is safe when we return.
Our focus is to be back at the MTT on Tuesday 24th January – against BHAFC in the Sussex Senior Cup – 7.30pm KO
Further updates to follow.