As reported before Christmas, we temporarily closed the clubhouse due to flooding in the men’s toilets and home dressing room areas caused by burst pipes prior to our postponed game against Cray Valley on Saturday 17th December.
When we were repairing the pipes, we were alerted to smoke coming from the beer cellar behind the kitchen area. The fire brigade were called and dealt with the issue caused by a drinks dispensing machine overheating – causing a lot of smoke damage to the cellar and kitchen. As a safety precaution, the fire brigade switched off the electricity and water mains.
We met with our insurance broker and the appointed insurance loss adjuster and it was agreed any repairs could not be done in time for our game on January 2nd. We had no alternative than to ask permission from the league to reverse the fixture with Three Bridges.
We are now in a position to start the repairs to locate any further burst pipes and then we can deal with the electrical damage. Our aim is to be open and to start playing at the MTT by the end of January.
Therefore, we will play our next home game against Chicester City FC at Three Bridges FC on Saturday 14th January, 1pm KO.
We will keep you updated on our progress.