First Team
Isthmian League South East Division Sat 11 September The Home Call Carpets Community Stadium
Burgess Hill Town
Three Bridges

The opening chance of the match came for the visitors with Brannon O’Neil whipping a dangerous free kick across the box and just evading the far post. The Hill’s first chance of the afternoon fell to skipper Scott Kirkwood, good hustling work in midfield from Jordi Ndozid set up Kirkwood but his left footed effort was well kept out by young Bridges stopper Anderson. The young visiting goalkeeper on his senior debut was seeing plenty of the football close to his goal, a Connor Tighe free kick wasn’t dealt with and the ball fell to Pat Harding but he took too long and let the Bridges defender snuff out the danger. Anderson was quickly making a name for himself, Martyn Box thought he had opened the scoring when he glanced a header towards goal but Anderson got down brilliantly to tip it round the post. Just minutes later he had to be alert again when Trey Masikini slipped Joshua Luther in down the right but his powerful effort was also kept out. Nobody could say the Hill didn’t have chances in the first half, Scott Kirkwood got himself free from a corner but from the middle of the goal he could only glance it wide. Probably the best chance of the half came right at the end, Jordi Ndozid played a gorgeous through ball to Harding but his touch let him down and allowed the defenders to get back and he could only fire a tame effort at the keeper.

HT: 0-0.

The second half started similar to the first, with half chances coming and going. Scott Kirkwood again got himself free from a corner but again failed to get a clean connection. The Hill almost shot themselves in the foot, Harry Pollard played a back pass which made it difficult for Seymour, his clearance fell straight to O’Neill who took aim and almost snuck his effort in but Seymour got back just in time and then had to keep out Ben Bacon’s follow up effort as well. The impressive Ndozid was trying to spark an opening goal, he found Masikini and his teasing ball went across the 6 yard box with no takers. You felt if there was going to be a goal it would be a moment of brilliance and Connor Tighe almost provided it but he couldn’t keep his left footed shot down after a mistake in the Bridges defence. Heading into the last quarter the game stretched and Three Bridges almost snatched the lead when a cross from the right fell to Callum Chesworth but Seymour flung himself to his right to keep it out. Mistakes were starting to creep into the Hillians back line as the game was poised, Martyn Box missed his clearance and Dan Perry pounced, he lay it off to Curtis Gayler but he couldn’t beat Seymour. Gayler again went close minutes later when he fizzed an effort which left Seymour rooted but it zipped past the post. It was a hat-trick of chances and a hat-trick of misses for former Hillian Gayler, Chesworth beat Box, squared it to Perry who set up Gayler but he fired his effort wide as Bridges cranked up the pressure. The best chance for the visitors came 10 minutes from time, a brilliant Gayler free kick was right on Bromage’s head but another top save from Taylor Seymour denied him. Brannon O’Neil had the games final chance but on his weaker right foot he curled over the bar.

FT: 0-0.

A first point on the board for Jay Lovett’s men but we remain without a win.

Next up, we welcome Hastings United to the More Than Tyres Stadium on Tuesday evening.