First Team
Friendly Sat 19 December The Home Call Carpets Community Stadium
Burgess Hill Town
  • Cross (69')
  • Chalaye (71')
  • Kirkwood (85')
  • Harding (90')
Tonbridge Angels
  • OG (15 ')
  • Parkinson (19')
  • Greenhalgh (54')
  • Bray (82')

Steve McKimm’s side now ply their trade in the National League South and quickly asserted their dominance, opening the scoring after fifteen minutes – as a Joe Turner cross was inadvertently turned into his own net by the unfortunate Josh Spinks. One quickly became two for Tonbridge as Tom Parkinson thundered his header past Alfie Jones to put the visitors firmly in control. The Hillians were really being made to work in the opening exchanges, going into the break two goals behind – with the hosts really showing their class.

HT 0-2.

Both teams made changes at half-time – utilising their squads. But, it was the visitors who extended their advantage, as Ben Greenhalgh, once of Inter Milan (yes really!), cut inside and curled a beauty past a hapless Alfie Jones. In the 63rd minute, Jay Lovett’s men grabbed a goal back, as Connor Tighe’s deflected cross looped to Elliot Cross, who bravely headed home to give Hill a lifeline. Just a few minutes later, the Hillians had a second, and it was well and truly game on, as Tom Chalaye tapped home at the far post. The Angels thought they’d finished the Hillians off for good when Rian Bray crashed a header in from a corner to put the Angels 4-2 up with ten to play. Andrew Herring had other ideas…as he won a penalty, which Scott Kirkwood expertly converted to set up an interesting last five minutes. With seconds left on the referees watch, a right wing corner was floated in, missed by everyone, except the evergreen Pat Harding, who was left unmarked to slam home the equaliser!

FT 4-4.

Well and truly a game of two halves – with the Hillians full value for their second half fightback!

A massive thank you to Tonbridge Angels for travelling down – good luck for the rest of your season.